LGBTQ+ Friendly Therapy
Sex-Positive and Culturally Responsive Counseling Services
We recognize that LGBTQ+ kids and adults face the same struggles and hardships as everyone else. But also, their lives come with other unique challenges and stressors, such as:
- Coming to terms with one’s identity
- Mistreatment, marginalization, and abuse
- Dealing with rejection and misunderstanding from family and friends
- Coping with stigmatized illnesses (e.g., HIV)
- Body or sex shaming
- Pressure and heteronormativity from society
Too many people feel alone, isolated, and unsupported. And, to make matters worse, few therapists are trained to help support the LGBTQ+ community, which means that those who seek help may even feel unheard by their therapists.
We want to give you the support you deserve.
Find yourself, be yourself, love yourself.
West Michigan Psychological Services (WMPS) offers therapy for members of the LGBTQ+ community just like you. As advocates and members, we share a passion for fostering inclusivity and love for all people, and we see our therapy services as a way to further that movement.
LGBTQ+ friendly therapy is all about helping you (or your child) find yourself, be yourself, and love yourself. Whether you are questioning and exploring, facing a crisis, or simply looking for a space to be understood, you should feel right at home with your therapist. And we want you to have that with us.
Therapy can help you:
- Build a sense of self-worth and love
- Rebuild relationships with friends and family
- Discover new aspects of your unique personality
- Deal with stress, depression, and anxiety
- Recover from painful experiences
- Learn to love yourself as you are
You deserve to feel supported, respected and affirmed. You deserve a space where you can explore and understand yourself on a deeper level. And you deserve a therapist who gets what it’s like to be you.
Contact us today to get the help that you deserve.
Get started with West Michigan Psychological Services
WMPS is a Michigan-based private practice founded by Dr. Leslie Roberts. Dr. Roberts and her team of psychologists and therapists are passionate about helping kids, adults, and families overcome life’s challenges through evidence-based care. Each service is entirely confidential and individually tailored to your needs.
Contact us today to learn more or to sign up for your first session.